Principal, Open, Distance and Electronic Learning (ODEL)
Responsible for spearheading the utilization of alternative and flexible approaches including integration of ICT in Education provision through distance education, open, electronic and virtual learning to accelerate learning.
- To oversee development, designing and management of Open Learning programmes.
- To promote multimedia technology, audio technology and print technology based learning.
- To formulate and implement policies governing platform and content development.
- Digital marketing and back office technical support for students.
- In charge of distance and institutional based learning modules.
- To formulate and implement guidelines on learning material writing, tutorials etc.
- Overseeing the work of the staff assigned to e-learning; planning and managing the departmental budgets; developing and implementing strategies in support of E-learning.
- Monitoring Open, Distance and Electronic learning programmes.
- Liaising with various schools to schedule online courses and video conferences courses.
- Evaluating new tools (internal and external) as they relate to best pedagogical practices and implications for faculty development.
- Overseeing and co-coordinating new web- based courses for instructional delivery.
- Exploring and implementing innovative products to support e-learning centered university.
- Coordination of student admission, registration and orientation in liaison with Registrar Academic Administration.
- To coordinate matters related to University examination in liaison to relevant schools or directorates.
Education, Specialized knowledge, Competencies and Experience:
- A PhD degree or its academic equivalent in relevant field;
- Five (5) years of related management experience in higher education instructional technology development required;
- Demonstrated experience in building online programs, and in building team processes;
- Management experience related to technology user support.
- Virtual Learning Management System (VLMS) administration experience, including user support.
- Possess advanced computer skills in Microsoft Office.
- Communicate well with others, both verbally and in writing, and be able to effectively interact with administration, faculty, staff and other outside contacts.
- Demonstrate ability in higher education online instruction material development.
- Currency with accreditation concerns and with trends in tech-mediated instruction
- Be conversant with the current trends and challenges in higher education in Kenya, Regionally and Globally.
How to Apply:
Each application shall be accompanied with up to date detailed Curriculum Vitae.
Applications should be addressed to;
The Human Resource Director,
Mount Kenya University,
Main Campus, General Kago Road,
P.O. Box 342-01000.