Vacancy advertisement : Deputy University Librarian and Information Services
Mount Kenya University is a fully fledged chartered university committed to a broad-based, holistic and inclusive system of education. We are seeking to recruit a competent, dynamic and ambitious professional to fill up the following vacant position;
- DEPUTY UNIVERSITY LIBRARIAN AND INFORMATION SERVICES
This position reports to the University Librarian and Information Services and will be responsible for providing efficient circulation services to all library users.
- An applicant must possess a PhD degree or Master’s Degree in Library Studies or information Science or its equivalent.
- Have five (5) years continuous work experience post-graduation, three (3) of which must be in Senior Management in a university library.
- Demonstrated outstanding leadership, professional competence and administrative ability in the overall management of a university library.
- Shown merit and ability as reflected in work performance and results.
- Familiar with Commission for University Education, Standards and Guidelines for University Libraries in Kenya.
- Proven knowledge of Information Technology
- Valid member of Kenya Library Association.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Participates in library development plans.
- Prepares annual work plans and budgets.
- Implements policies that relate to library matters and staff management
- Research on library matters.
- Manages selection, collection, acquisition, organization and maintenance of library information materials and databases.
- Ensures daily stock management
- Ensures lending, reference and referral services are delivered in a timely manner
- Production of periodic reports networking and partnership.
- Participates in developing policies and Quality Assurance.
- Oversees marketing and promotion of library services
- Ensure maintenance of a conducive reading environment.
- Enhancing the use of Information Communication Technology.
- Organize book events.
- Source for donors/partners to support library activities.
- Oversee reference and referral services.
- Manage revenue collection and remittance.
- Oversee Management of e- resources.
- Oversee the management and operation of the University bookshop(s).
- Perform duties as may be assigned from time to time by University Librarian and Information services.
- Good command of MS-Office,
- Library Information Systems,
- Good communication skills,
- Public and Customer Relations skills,
- Report Writing Skills,
- Management Skills and Integrity
How to Apply:
Each application should be accompanied with an up to date and detailed Curriculum Vitae.
Applications should be addressed to;
The Human Resource Director,
Mount Kenya University,
Main Campus, General Kago Road,
P.O. Box 342-01000.
- Applications should be clearly marked for the position applied for.
- Electronic applications can be sent in PDF format by email to email@example.com.
- Applications must be submitted on or before 20th May, 2019.
Terms of service are provided for as per Mount Kenya University scheme of service
- Mount Kenya University is an equal opportunity employer:
- Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
- Persons with disability are encouraged to apply.