Vacancy advertisement (Administrative Assistant)
Mount Kenya University recognizes career advancement as a key element of staff retention. We would therefore like to provide an opportunity for career growth and development to our members of staff by inviting applications for below vacancies that require great skill, effort and responsibility;
1. ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT
The post holder will be expected to provide a high level confidential and professional administrative support. In addition, they should have great office management skills, be capable of offering excellent customer care support and effectively managing key stakeholders to Mount Kenya University.
The summary duties include but shall not be limited to;
- Ensure high operational performance by providing quality service on a continuous and sustainable basis.
- Exercise due customer care on client related matters and acknowledging receipt of correspondence in consultation with the supervisor.
- Deliver high level public relations and communication with internal and external stakeholders.
- To respond accurately and efficiently to all enquiries in respective offices using own initiative.
- Preparation of all correspondence and other documentation as may be requested by the immediate supervisor from time to time.
- To appropriately execute any other duties as directed by the supervisor, or other senior University officers.
Minimum Qualification and Attributes
- Diploma in Secretarial studies from KNEC or equivalent from a recognized institution;
- Diploma in Business/Office Management or equivalent qualification.
- Three 3 years’ experience as an Administrative Assistant.
- Must be highly proficient with multiple Microsoft office systems and other related software.
- Should be an excellent communicator, a good listener and dedicated to detail.
- Have a wide exposure, broad knowledge and up to date with current University affairs.
- Be able to work perfectly under strict deadlines and pressure.
- Uphold sound work ethics and be highly disciplined.
- Possessing tenacious attitude, friendly, honest, trustworthy, respectful and flexible.
- Able to work with minimal supervision, independently or as part of a team.
How to Apply
Each application should be accompanied with an up to date and detailed Curriculum Vitae.
Applications should be addressed to;
The Human Resource Director, Mount Kenya University,
Main Campus, General Kago Road,
P.O. Box 342-01000
- Applications should be clearly marked for the position applied for.
- Electronic applications can be sent in PDF format by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Applications must be submitted on or before 15th July, 2019.
Terms of service are provided for as per Mount Kenya University scheme of service
- Mount Kenya University is an equal opportunity employer:
- Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
- Persons with disability are encouraged to apply.