Vacancy advertisement : Principal Digital Officer
Mount Kenya University (MKU) is a chartered and ISO 9001:2015 certified University committed to a broad-based, holistic and inclusive system of education. The University is a member of the Inter-University Council of East Africa as well as the Association of Commonwealth Universities. The University student population consists of privately and Government sponsored students. It has a dynamic, comprehensive and high quality academic and vocational training system. The University has linkages with industries, research and Higher Education Institutions.
MKU has its main campus in Thika and other campuses in Nairobi, Mombasa and Nakuru. Its Open, Distance and Electronic Learning (ODeL) centres are located in major towns in Kenya and in Burundi, Somaliland and Uganda. It has established Equip Africa College of Medical and Health Sciences – an accredited TVET institution offering courses in the field of Health Sciences in Kitale and Equip Africa Institute to offer TVETA-accredited programmes. The University also operates MKU Kigali, a cross-border campus based in the Republic of Rwanda.
To further institutionalize and operationalize the digital transformation agenda in the University, MKU invites applications from suitably qualified, visionary and experienced persons with impeccable track record in Information Communication Technology (ICT) to fill the position of Principal Digital Officer.
Reporting to the Deputy Vice-Chancellor, Administration Planning and Institutional Advancement, the successful candidate shall;
- Provide leadership in the development and implementation of ICT strategy and policies in line with the strategic plan of the University.
- Develop the University digital transformation strategy, champion and lead the university wide change process towards a complete digital transformation;
- Provide strategic leadership by propelling digital transformation, advocating the University digital efforts to internal and external stakeholders and guiding management, staff and students through the change process;
- Continuously analyse corporate requirements for the University to determine their technology needs.
- Assess and respond to the impact of changes in the operating environment ensuring a high level of integration with the University’s strategic direction.
- Ensure the development of actionable work plans for the ICT Directorate aimed at monitoring implementation of the University strategic objectives relating to Information Communication Technology.
- Unify the University digital agenda in information and communication technology, digital marketing and communication, teaching and research, digital eLearning solutions (including integration of learning management system) to cultural transformation in support of digital transformation.
- Collaborate with key officers across the administrative and academic and research affairs divisions to ensure a successful unified University digital transformation.
- Identify and address complex ICT service delivery issues and providing alternate solutions based on well considered and balanced assessment of the facts and consequences.
- Keep abreast of local and global best practices and articulate implications to the IT function and to the general University operation.
- Holder of an earned Doctorate degree in Information Communication Technology (ICT) or equivalent from a recognized
- 3 years’ experience in Administration at the University level or at a similar position in a recognized institution.
- Be a holder of a Master’s Degree in Information Communication Technology (ICT) with a professional qualification.
- At least 5 years’ experience in Administration at the University level or at a similar position in a recognized institution.
- Have met the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya on leadership and integrity.
Skills and Core Competences:
- Possess effective communication, persuasive and interpersonal skills, as well as logical and sound decision making ability;
- Possess strong strategic planning and change management skills;
- Capacity to work under pressure to meet strict deadlines;
- Possess firm, fair and transparent management style; and
- Be a creative, innovative and transformative leader
Terms and Conditions of Service:
- Successful candidate will be offered a competitive remuneration package in accordance with the Mount Kenya University terms and conditions of service.
Applications Requirements/ Procedure:
- Suitably qualified candidates should apply in confidence to the address below with a detailed Curriculum Vitae (CV)
- Clearly indicate the names, telephone contacts and addresses of three referees
- Attach current certified copies of relevant academic and professional certificates and any other supporting documents.
Soft copy applications should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org on or before 17th June 2020 at 4.30pm;
Please note that only email (soft) applications will be considered for evaluation.
- Mount Kenya University is an equal opportunity employer.
- Any form of canvassing by any candidate will lead to disqualification.
- Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
- Candidates invited to attend formal interviews must produce original copies of attached documents during the interview sessions.